to sun.stanford.edu: Home of the Stanford Solar Observatories Group
Welcome! Here you will find links and information relating to projects of the Stanford Solar Observatories Group.* Projects include the Michelson Doppler Imager (MDI), an instrument currently on board the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) spacecraft and part of an international collaboration to study the interior structure and dynamics of the Sun. Another project, the Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager (HMI) investigation, is based on measurements obtained with the HMI instrument as part of the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) mission. The goal is to study the origin of solar variability and to characterize and understand the Sun's interior and the various components of magnetic activity.
- Solar Oscillations Investigation (SOI) which is the MDI Home Page
- Helioseismic and Magnetic Imager (HMI)
- HMI-AIA Joint Science Operations Center (JSOC)
- JSOC Status
- Wilcox Solar Observatory (WSO)
- SolarMail | Directory
- Synoptic Sun
- SOLAR Center
* Observational and theoretical research on the physics of the sun is carried out at Stanford University in several research groups. This page links to the projects carried out by a group of scientists and supporting staff associated with the Center for Space Science and Astrophysics (CSSA) and the Hansen Experimental Physics Laboratories (HEPL), under the direction of Philip Scherrer (HEPL and the Department of Physics).
WWW Access Statistics for the servers of the Solar Physics Research Group.
Page last revised Wednesday, August 15, 2007 15:39